Sunday, January 23, 2011

50.99 & Counting

Partly cloudy and 59 degrees today in Athens, I am on my way to Newark where it is 7 degrees and for some reason I don't think Newark will have the same interest for me as Athens. When I was a child, my brother Leonard, and I spent many hours in the Denver Museum of Natural History, a rather wonderful place to go to see everything from dinosaurs to bird eggs, rock/mineral collections, and even an Egyptian mummy or two. Part of this trip will be for me to realize a life long goal of standing at the base of the pyramids, visiting the Cairo Museum and seeing 6000 years of history close up and personal. Barbara wants to ride a camel, and I hope she has that opportunity and that in the process I do not get spit on by the camel. We will also spend a few days in the longest inhabited medieval walled city on the island of Rhodes, home of the last crusaders, the Knights of St John. In the next post I will include the itinerary and possibly a few more juicy details(like the camel spitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment