Friday, April 1, 2011

Barb's two cents

Hello! To all our blog followers. This is Michael’s other half…Missss Barbara Ann.

This has to be one of the most diverse vacations we’ve undertaken.

I was afraid in Cairo I would be publicly stoned for holding Michael’s hand (it was my death grip of fear!) Our newspapers and TV fill us with fear and we found the Egyptians wonderful, helpful people. Always asking how America perceived them since the revolution.

Rhodes was beautiful and medieval and we stayed inside the stone wall city.

Bought lots of souvenirs and of course my better half has a running tab on how many Euros these treasures will cost…..that’s when my selective hearing goes into action.

Turkey was definitely different with the mosques and it seemed rather bleak to me but well worth the trip. Next week we take a boat from here to Turkey and drive around a bit – at least for 2 days. Hopefully we find an internet to keep in touch with everyone.

I have really enjoyed reading the day to day experiences of everyone on facebook. I feel as though I have been gone for months!!

Mike- I would love to hear from you and the kids on my Comcast email. Remember, Hawaii the end of May and then you graduate!!

I’m working on the plans for Michelle’s baby Chappell shower at Jim Simpsons on May 22nd. I will send out invitations when we return (May 5th) and call everyone.

It looks like the house and property are coming along great! Don’t forget the nanny’s room….that would be my room!!

Vatera has been a little slooooooower than our normal pace. Everything is closed due to the off season but we are managing as the ‘the foreigners in town’ Its hard to miss our bright orange FIAT Panda…..the only one on the island.

Tomorrow we are going to the Hot Springs of Polichnitos. Suppose to be very hot but medicinal. I’m excited about it! And, its only 4 euros.

I was totally off caffeine when we left on our trip, now I drink STRONG Turkish coffee many times a day. Michael has become quite good at making it especially since he bought his little Turkish coffee pot and very small appropriate cups.

I miss you Mom. I was so happy to hear your voice the other day. I will call again and also call my kids.

I live to find the internet so I can hear how my family, extended family and good friends are doing. LOVE to all of you. Pray for Libya and Japan

1 comment:

  1. Hola amigos! we are glad to see that you are enjoing your trip...God bless you and saludos
    Carmen y Julian

    ReplyDelete